We are always seeking talented ecologists to join our team at all levels of capability and experience ranging from assistant up to director. If you feel you have what it takes then get in touch:
Multiple Ecology roles
Job Title: Various ecology posts at Consultant, Senior and Principal levels
Ecology by Design is currently looking to recruit consultant, senior and principal level consultants to join the team.
Ecology by Design was setup in January 2015 and we have had consistent growth ever since. We strive to employ the best and brightest and reward hard work and dedication. We provide ecology consultancy services to a wide range of clients. We pride ourselves in technical excellence and providing an innovative, pragmatic, client friendly service. Due to our success, we have an excellent opportunity for multiple ecologists to join our team.
We are a young business and we seek people who are keen to work in ecology, strive for excellence and are excited by being part of a young business. These roles would be perfect for someone wanting to take the next step on the career ladder and challenge themselves in a supportive environment.
We work across the UK with the majority of our projects across the Home Counties, South and Midlands.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Genuine and demonstrable enthusiasm for ecology and the environment;
· Highly experienced at phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys;
· Survey licence for at least one protected species e.g. bats (multiple at senior/ principal level);
· Ability to lead field teams and manage projects;
· Excellent report writing skills;
· Motivated to work both independently and as part of a team, often in remote locations and sometimes during unsociable hours;
· Good communication skills both with colleagues, clients and third parties;
· Principal level must have experience of writing or securing European Protected Species Mitigation licences (EPSM) for at least one protected species;
· Comfortable designing surveys and quoting for work;
· Full driving licence and use of a car; and
· The project-based nature of our work means the candidate must be wiling to undertake travel and work away from home with overnight stays.
· Advanced skills in one or more specialist ecological areas e.g. bats;
· Member of CIEEM and either chartered or working towards it;
· Degree or equivalent in an ecology related discipline;
· Experience of using QGIS or ArcGIS; and
· Demonstrable experience of developing business across a range of sectors;
Working for Ecology by Design
· Negotiable salary commensurate with experience
· Apple computer and IPhone;
· Competitive salary;
· Professional memberships paid for;
· Unlimited in-house and external training budget;
· Colleague nominated bonus scheme;
· Generous pension;
· Unlimited annual leave and flexible approach to work time, balancing a healthy work life balance.
New perks added frequently, reflective of an exciting and innovative business.
The candidate must live within commuting distance to Oxford or be willing to relocate, although part home working can be considered for the right candidate.
Being part of a young company offers excellent opportunities for rapid career progression.
For an informal discussion about the job, please contact Ben Gardner on email@example.com or 07487700305.
In the first instance please send your CV and covering letter to the email above including the location you are based, salary expectation and level you are applying for.
Closing date for applications is 10th August 2018. If you have not heard from us by Friday 17th August, please assume that your application has not been successful. We may request further information before inviting prospective candidates for interview. Although this is for specific roles we always invite prospective applicants outside this period.
We are always looking for talented ecologists to join our list of approved ecological sub-contractors. We work across the UK and from time to time we seek assistance with resourcing projects. Due to an increasing work load we are seeking to add to our database for the 2018 survey season.
This will be for the provision of survey support for a wide range of protected species surveys, especially great crested newt and bat surveys.
You must be willing to work unsocial hours, have access to a car and be willing to work away from home.
If you are interested in working with us, in the first instance send your covering letter and CV to Ben Gardner (Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your letter/ CV should include details of:
- your skills and experience
- any licences held
- expected day and hourly rate
- geographical coverage
We are always keen to hear from like minded specialist consultants who would be willing to discuss collaborating. Ecology by Design aims to offer a multidisciplinary approach to its projects. If you would like to discuss opportunities please initially email our Director; Ben Gardner.
We would like to know more about your company, your background and the specialist services you would be able to offer.
Of particular interest are:
- Planning Consultants
- Arboricultural Consultants
- Landscape Consultants
- Habitat/ Estate Management companies